1) Why did you start blogging?
I began blogging because I love to share. I'm a talker and a share-r. I like telling stories, so why not tell stories about the things I love (clothes, nail polish, beauty products, lifestyle, etc)?
2) Who is your favorite designer?
Now, this is a tough one. I follow designers, and adore their clothes. I can't say that I have a favorite, mostly because I like to focus more on style than designers, per se. Is that a cop-out? I don't know. I'm still new to really keeping up with designers, but I've always adored Vivienne Westwood. And I love all the antics that Jeremy Scott gets into. My favorite from NYFW this fall was Maria Ke Fisherman.
3) What local boutique do you frequent most?
For a long while I frequented Leopard Boutique the most, because I worked in the same neighborhood. Blue Bird Apparel is swooping in as a new favorite.
4) What do you splurge on?
Oh my. I don't often "splurge." I'm pretty thrifty. Every once in a while I'll spend more than $50 on a pair of shoes, gasp! But, I'd like to splurge more on prominent, everyday-use accessories, such a nice purse or a pair of nice sunglasses.
5) What is staple in your closet for fall?
Heeled booties, a super-soft and snuggly poncho, and plaid. Lots of plaid.
6) Where is your dream travel destination?
Too many to count! I'd love to visit my family's namesake town in Ireland. I'd also really like to vacation in Paris, travel the countryside in Italy, and be lazy on the beach again in Trunk Bay on St. John of the USVI.
7) What was the first concert you ever attended?
If you count before I was born, The Rolling Stones, ha! My mother went to one of their shows while she was pregnant with me. The first big one that I can remember is N*SYNC. That was madness.
8) Provel- yay or nay?
Nay, I say!
9) What is your favorite film?
I'm a Wes Anderson fan, so it's a tie between The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
10) What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Probably frog legs. I used to have them each year at the Cathedral Fete in the Central West End, back when the Cathedral Fete was a much cooler party and I was much younger. I had them again recently at Juniper (also in the CWE), but my tastes have clearly changed because I couldn't stand them! I think Juniper prepared them very well, but I was not a fan.
Well, that's that!
Because this is circulating pretty quickly through STL's blogger chapter, I chose one local blogger, and two non-locals!
1) Honey & Denim
2) What the Doost!?
3) Chocolate & Lipstick
Ladies, I'd like to ask you:
1) What's your least favorite part about blogging?
2) What's your favorite beauty product?
3) What's the one item in your closet that you couldn't wait to whip out now that it's cold?
4) Late night blogging or early morning blogging?
5) Do you sit in silence while blogging, listen to music, or park in front of the TV?
6) In that vein, what's your favorite television show, or Netflix, or whatever you may watch?
7) Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they? If no, what would you have if you could?
8) What's the one thing you could not live without for one day?
9) Coffee or tea?
10) If you had an out-of-town visitor, where would you take them first in your city to introduce them to your local culture?